FIVE WAYS: BLOOD ORANGE AVOCADO OIL
Avocado Oil is a healthy and delicious workhorse and kitchen tool! Now pair that versatility with Blood Orange…wow! That’s a match made in culinary heaven. Here are our Five Ways with Blood Orange Avocado Oil:
1. Seared Scallops. We use our Orange Pepper to season the scallops and sear them in our Blood Orange Avocado Oil. Then we give the dish some crunch and punch with vinegary herbs and pine nuts. So beautifully delicious.
2. Roasted Brussel Sprouts. These little cabbages love our Blood Orange Avocado Oil. And all Avocado Oil loves the high heat required for roasting. We season these with our Orange Pepper to amp up the citrus flavor. Let these go until they’re almost charred. The crispy bits are the best!
3. Blood Orange Sweet Potatoes. This dish scores very high on two scales: ease and deliciousness. Blood Orange Avocado Oil pairs perfectly with the rich sweet potatoes. We bring in a bit of sweet heat with Aleppo Chile Flakes, and the Vanilla Salt is a nice surprise at the end.
4. Citrus Cakes. We pair up our Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil along with our Blood Orange Avocado Oil. Plus, we tag team our extracts – Vanilla + Orange + Lemon – to create these little citrus treats that have a sugar crunch on the bottom and sublime glaze on top.
5. On a Cheese Board. Layers of tangy goat cheese mingle with our Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Blood Orange Avocado Oil with a finish of fresh basil and flake salt. This Basil Blood Orange Goat Cheese Torte is beautiful addition to a charcuterie board or serve as an appetizer all on its own.